Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What a Great Day!

Two steps closer to bringing diversity to Allentown Symphony Hall!
1) We signed our First Quincenera today--for May the 30th. in the Rodale Room.
I told the family that I was so happy that they thought of us--and how did they anyway? The dad said he had often walked by and thought it looked like an interesting place--but no obnew about it. So he called. I asked if they had a photographer coming and he said they already had scheduled. All it takes is one person to start and if we do a great job a trend will follow!
2) I spoke to the Lehigh Leadershp group today. Sadly out of a group of nearly 35 only three had attended performances at Symphony Hall. But--on a high note--I talked about how much I wanted to broaden my reach to the community--and one gentleman stopped by afterward and suggested Classical Arab music--and is sending me a contact. Another woman gave me another lead for Tango--And a young woman--gave me some ideas for broadening the age diversity of our audiences too. Like spring--these are buds of ideas sprouting that with nurturing will create new life in our hall.
3) And, since my last post--I flew to Kansas City and picked u p my car and dog, Zoey--driving back 1200 torturous miles Friday and Saturday. Today Zoey interviewed for Doggy DayCare. She passed--So she has a home besides the Hall to hang out in.

No comments:

Post a Comment